age 29 - denny addiction

I've been getting on so well with my partner, we're actually sharing the same kettle, for the first time ever. We used to have two kettles to avoid arguments over who had stolen the other person's tea water.

In our house, it's always been everyone for themselves, but nowadays I often cook dinner and make cups of tea for both of us. Though I still have to make different food and different kinds of tea for her.

Sometimes I envy couples who share everything, but I suppose that can get claustrophobic. It all balances up.

There's an old holiday snap of Denny emerging from a kitchen, in a diaphanous wrap, holding two cups of tea. Thus combining two things she was good at: sharing, and looking wonderful to my eyes.






The relationship, if I can call it that, between Denny and me was built around shared addictions. Tea. Fags. Dope.

But the prime addiction was to beer. The deal was that if I accompanied her for the whole evening in the pub under her flat, I would get into her pants at closing time. The trick was to avoid getting too drunk to take advantage.

She could drink me under the table, and it was the same with the other addictions. I remember she once said "I shouldn't keep abusing my body". That would have been my cue to say "because that's my job", but I was far too inhibited in those days. It was a job I could have done for life. If we had been different people, not so effed up.

There were also unshared addictions. I didn't share her love of cats, for example.

And she didn't reciprocate my biological addiction to her, at least not in the first year or two. To compensate her, it was only fair that the bedroom would be filled with most of the other addictions, especially dope, cigarettes and her cats.

On the nights when I stayed over at her place I would wake before dawn, hung over, with a cat on my face. I'm resisting all possible pussy double-entendres here, just as I had to resist the urge to batter the cat.

Thanks to Denny, I was to learn an enduring fondness for some of her healthier obsessions: The Eagles and Bowie. And even, eventually, cats, but that's another (horror) story.

Comments

Hotboy said…
Albert? Naked photies please!! Hotboy
whatever my name is here said…
Hotters. Maybe you didn't look closely at this photo?

PS I think you're saying I'm wasting my breath with the text.
Anonymous said…
I say!

These tails from the last century are very entertaining.

MM III
albert said…
Mingers. They say Ancient History can be illuminating.

Popular Posts